6.22.2010

Ask Zumi

Don't get me wrong: I'm still a fan of the streetstyle blog. Jakz & Jillz and The Catorialist will always be favourites for when I want to judge and mock the fashion of others. But there's a new trend emerging in the blogosphere: the ask me anything tumblr. They're fucking ugly but they're a constant stream of dumb questions and brutally honest answers - so I've decided to jump on the bandwagon with Ask Zumi. Because my opinion is more important than yours!

Here are answers to some style questions that I keep being asked by random cats on the street. If you have a question you'd like to Ask Zumi, comment and I'll answer it in my next instalment. Kiss kiss!

Can I be your friend?
If you work in fashion or are important, yes.

I'm starting a new job in two weeks. They've told me the dress code is 'dress casual'. I don't really know what that means, but I've heard dress shirts and dress pants. I haven't got much money to spend on this stuff but need to get enough things to last me at least the first month - where do you recommend I go? What do I buy?! Help!
Are you retarded? Do you really need this much help getting dressed? Stop reading my blog please.

Why are the same people and designers always featured in NZ fashion magazines?
Sigh, I don't know but it's SO BORING!! No wonder no one reads them: they all feature the same crap. Yawn.

Who are your style icons?
Right now, Lil' Kim and Donatella. Next week, who knows?

I see you are a very good trend follower. Have you ever considered forcasting?
Have you ever considered spell check? But yes, it's something I'd love to do.

What other blogs do you read?
I don't read blogs, I am all about paper. Magazines! Newspapers! Blogs suck ass, except mine of course.

How can I become famous and important in Auckland? I want to be front row at fashion week, but I don't actually want to get a job in fashion - help!
Go out lots, befriend a social photographer (my favourite is the sexual Guy Coombes, but Olivia Hemus and Norrie are also good to suck up to), get your photo taken lots. Or just start a blog.

Who is the best-dressed Aucklander?
Definitely not the same people who always turn up in the social pages or Sunday or Metro magazine's best dressed list! I don't really know why humans keep rating in these lists? Yawn! There are so many fabulous and fashionable animals in this town. I like Karen Inderbitzen-Waller's rabbit - so chic! Anna Fitzpatrick's Olly is a babe - and so thin and inspirational - but was a bit overexposed for a while. Oh and Kathryn Wilson's cat is totally edgy. There are so many more but I just can't think of them right now.

Who are you really? Do you work in the fashion industry?
I'm Zumi! Jeez, so many people keep asking me this. Get over it: I am Zumi Reely.

No comments:

Post a Comment